Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shavuot, baby!

OK, so the boys, especially the twins, have been bringing different notes home from school. As I still don't speak, and especially don't read Hebrew, most of the time I have no idea what the notes say. After a while I remember to ask my brother what the notes say... and they are not always things I'd want to read!

I had to bring some new rules: if there are any more notes from their teachers about misbehaving, their only Shavuot festivities will be the all night Torah study. Craig's face imediately lit up--I was almost sure he'd bring a note home just so that he can stay up all night with his uncles and study Torah.

The kids have a half day actuvity at school/gan tomorrow because it's Shavuot, and then have Friday off for the holiday. They are super excited, as their uncle promised to take them to the beach after the Shavuot activity tomorrow with their cousins. I expect it will be crowded, but as they are crowd loving boys, they will have a lot of fun. Especially because they can take cheescakes they made at the morning activity themselves for a snack. I'm also making some traditional Hungarian dairy foods for Shavuot, plus a pudding cake like Craig's b-day cake was. And I'm making a large pot of coffee. After all, I gotta stay up all night tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...