Friday, February 12, 2010

Honest Scrap

Ramona passed the Honest Scrap onto me. It involves posting 10 things about yourself that no one or only few people know about you, and then tagging 7 people to do the same.

If you have been in the blogging world, like me, for a few years, you have posted several similar memes. With each public confession it gets harder and harder to come up with tens things that are little known... but you are still willing to share.

So here are my ten things:

1. I love to sleep. I haven't gotten enough uninterrupted sleep since I was 17 and started to meds on a strict schedule. I hope in the near future I can finally have that long awaited sleep. 
2. I hate my picture being taken, due to some major trauma from my childhood. I can have a total panic attack from having to renew my passport.
3. I'm allergic to latex, and many other common materials used in medicine and around the home. I can't do dishes by hand because I'm allergic to most dish soaps, and I'm also allergic to the gloves. I won't even talk about difficulties with condoms, catheters, band aids and plastic in clothing.
4. At one time of my life I wanted to be an Olympic runner. Another time it was being the next Joshua Bell. I also wanted to be a writer. Now I know I lack any extraordinary talents, and I don't have dreams either. 
5. I write an insane amount of fanfic. Always by hand, mostly during boring meetings. They are stored in a cupboard in the kitchen and I tend to burn the year's product in the Lag B'Omer bonfire. 
6. I drink several types of coffee each day. I wake up with an espresso, drink American style coffee during the day (you know, the brown water without any strength) and I go to bed after a decaf melange. I currently store 5 types of coffee ranging from Davidoff Espresso to some Karaván I bought in Budapest. That said, I also have Karaván cheese in my fridge.
7. I drink my tea with milk and two brown sugar cubes. And I can make authentic cucumber sandwiches to go with them. Plus scones and other tea food. And I can fix a full Irish breakfast (provided I have someone's kitchen for that) any time of the day. 
8. I have had an up-to-date will ever since I was emancipated at 17. I think that every parent should have a will. 
9. I'm too lazy to actually become internet famous. There was a time back on LJ when with a little more work I could have been a BNF in one of my fandoms, but alas, I'm so darn lazy I can barely make it on (fluff) Friends. 
10. New age, astrology, most alternative medicine, UFO's, angels, crystal therapy, psychics, fortune tellers... I'm a sceptic. I know that there MUST be sentient life elsewhere in the Universe, but I doubt we will ever be able to  meet them. I don't believe in predestination, and I don't believe surrendering to G-d and giving up personal responsibility is the way. Heck, I'm not even sure if I always accept that G-d exists. I, however, definitely know that Santa Claus and the tooth fairy are fake. 

Now the 7 blogs....

The thing is... I don't think I have 7 regular readers. And one of my regular readers has just passed this onto me. 

So...

Emm (I have to admit, I am just simply captivated by her other blog.)
...and whoever wishes to do this!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...