Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bits of UK

Being in London brought something out of me that I haven't seen/heard in years.

I speak with a real Cork accent. Seriously. I no longer ever do that. I speak American, not Irish. I even spell American, not British. Most people actually think I'm American. Then I get offended and let them know that they are WRONG. :-)

Also, milk that you can buy by the gallon, and once opened keeps for three weeks is not milk. No idea what it is, but milk goes sour after a day or two. A week tops. You know, because milk is like that.

Bread, however, has a hard crust and a fluffy inside. It is not sliced to less than 1/4 inch thick. Now that is bread.

It's almost time for Pesach. Good thing we won't be home this year, I don't have to clean out every last morsel of leavening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...