Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Fun Things

Lag B'Omer came and went very fast this year! It was busy, hyper, fabulous, and surprisingly painless!

You see, P got to meet the WHOLE family. Lag B'Omer for weddings in Israel is like Valentine's Day for America. This year two of my cousins got married - one from my mom's side and one from my dad's side, so literally my whole family was there, even people I had never met before. I wasn't sure how it would go down with P, so we had a plan B, C, D and E. But P did wonderfully well, and after the wedding we decided to just stay for a little bit of the luncheon and head home in time for the bonfire and picnic organized by the congregation we go to. It was a lot of fun and we didn't burn down the whole area. I think it was less stressful for all of the boys than staying at the crazy loud wedding. So we went to this crazy loud party. Go figure.

P's birthday is May 4th, and while the family celebration was on the 3rd, he had some friends over for a --you guessed right--a Star Wars themed birthday party. I am not 100% sure that the kids got the May the Forth Be With You! joke, but they had a lot of fun.

Thursday we had an early birthday dinner for Kevin, as he will not be home for his birthday on the 23rd. We had a fondu dinner and an ice cream cake.

Friday morning Kevin left Israel. I won't get to see him till at least July 2nd. He safely arrived in Y and  met up with his mom.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...