Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's getting to be that time again

With spring coming soon I find myself drowning in fundraising requests.

March for Babies. Walk for the Cure. Various cancer, prematurity, disability, orphan care, AIDS and muscular dystrophy fundraisers happen during the spring months, where the participants walk, run, ride bikes or do something sportsy while other sponsor them to do so. It's a nice concept, and I'm sure it's heartwarming. Until there are up to 15 emails from people I barely know--or people I don't even know--a day in my inbox, begging me to sponsor their event. "If you donate only $5, we can go a long way!" Now, multiply $5 with the average of 200+ fundraising requests I get in a season. Last year with the cancer support group mailing list that number went up to 800.

My friends and family know to leave me alone with their various charity projects. They know I have mine and I do donate to my causes. Yes, cancer research is one of them. Helping others to get the support that I didn't get while fighting cancer is another. But just because you care about the same things as I, I won't necessarily support your fundraising efforts financially. So, here's the deal. If you are looking for sponsors for whatever fundraiser, be it for charity or for an adoption, please leave a comment here with your name, email, and a link to your fundraising site. I will collect them, and post them in a post here and as a separate page on my most read blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...