- Yonah broke his leg, open fracture thanks to soccer. He had surgery and now he is hopping around on two crutches. That resulted in some bedroom changes (his bedroom is in the basement), so now I have an early morning coffee and Torah partner right next door. Craig, however, sleeps a lot better in the basement, so the bedroom change might be permanent.
- Ezra had his heart surgery on the 3rd. He did fabulously, and the surgeon and cardiologist are both confident that he won't need another one for a long time... or possibly ever. He is coming home tomorrow, and it will be great to have all the kids back together in the same house again.
- Patrik turned 10 on the 4th. There was only a very minor celebration, with him choosing to open gifts at his party and a bucket of ice cream. His party is today, and we are very excited about it. It's going to be a Lego themed party, of course, with little Lego party favours. And a Lego cake. Thank heavens for food colouring!
- My brother Chalin's cancer is in remission! Woohoo!
- Please don't forget about Katya. Her family is traveling on the first trip next week. They have the funds covered for that, but are still fundraising for trip two.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
I know, I know, I said I'd not update till Memorial/Independence Day, but things have been happening, so... here is a very brief update.