So the last day of 2011 has begun. Here are 11 important events in my life in 2011, in no particular order.
- At age 28 I became a grandfather. Not a contender for the youngest grandpa title, though: my foster daughter Bella had a baby.
- Our family grew with Nirel and Eli, and we couldn't be happier about that. They are both awesome young men, and I am grateful for having the chance to help guide them in their growth now.
- I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and have been undergoing treatment that has put the cancer into remission. Only 2 more rounds of chemotherapy are left for 2012.
- I started a master's program in religion. And then almos quit it. I probably stick to it, though.
- I went to more Harel Skaat concerts than I can list now. And his new album is coming out early 2012.
- I ran my first 5K race since my SCI years ago. I did very poorly, but I finished it.
- Katya Dueck getting home. She is the little girl @happymom4 adopted from Ukraine this past summer. While I never met either of them, I have been following their journey for a long time. I'm very happy that she is finally home.
- Family holiday in Hungary was awesome. Hopefully we will repeat that in 2012.
- We, as a family, got a new dog, a puli, by the name of Izhar Cohen. He is now a very integral part of the family, and he doesn't stink any more.
- I faced my fears and met with the woman who raised me. I tried to be gracious and civil about the whole thing, but really, it pretty much backfired. Oh well.
- I bought a pair of shoes.
What are your top 11 for '11?