Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Chanukah!


Happy Chanukah!
[CUT-TAG="Translations here"]
The first song that Harel as a child sang translates as:
I have a candle, I have a small thin candle
On Chanukah, my candle I will light.
On Chanukah my candle will glow
On Chanukah I will sing songs.

The three blessings translate as:
Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, Who sanctified us with His commandments and commanded us to kindle the Chanukah lights.
Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, Who performed wondrous miracles for our ancestors, in those days, at this moment.
(Only recited on the first night of Chanukah) Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, Who has kept us in life, sustained us, and brought us to this moment.
I have a candle, I have a small thin candle
On Chanukah, my candle I will light.
On Chanukah my candle will glow
On Chanukah I will sing songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...