Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, Efi!

Efi, for more than 20 years, was the youngest child in the family, making him have a unique position: he is 20 years younger than his eldest brother, and 20 years older than his youngest brother. It was only with the birth of Yaron not quite two years ago that he ceased to be the youngest. He is one of those few siblings I have that I actually have a history with. Despite the 6 year-age-difference between us, he and I became very close in the last 4 or so years, and we live close enough to each other to spend a lot of time together.

Today is Efi's birthday. With my kids at school, but he and I being off work, we spent most of the day together, doing nothing special just being silly: eating sour gummi worms and drinking coke while playing stupid games on the Playstation, watching the Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle - basically behaving like 9-year-old kids. We had a lot of fun.

I love that I have someone I can do this with, that we can play together. I love that I can walk with him to synagogue in the evening and we can pray together. I love that I have my brothers, and I am especially grateful for my goofy baby brother.

Happy 22nd, Efi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...