Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Argh the way life is

I have two half-written entries about Tu B'Shvat and a challenge Ramona posted. I have two mostly written recipes waiting to be posted. But I'm not posting any of them today. 

Couple weeks ago my dad officially announced that he is retiring, handing the company over to my elder brother S and moving to Eilat to be closer to my grandparents and his wife's parents, as my grandpa's health is declining rapidly. He will help out with the other family business part time and enjoy being a stay-at-home dad while his wife will go back to work. His last day will be the last day of the school year. The official hand-over began a week ago.

The thing is, as much as I adore and love S, we simply can't work together. It has been proven over and over again, and I know it won't change. Currently I directly report to my dad, and, nominally, my other brother C on some topics. S taking dad's place and me directly reporting to him means disaster for business, as we would be constantly fighting. It would mean disaster to our recently patched up relationship as well. Due to the handover already in progress, we already had our clashes. It's not going well, and it will be just going downwards as time passes.

The only thing I could reasonably do was to offer my resignation for the same date as my dad's final day of work. Resignation was accepted, "immediately relieving [me] of some of [my] duties", namely the much hated [big Japanese electronics company] project.

So now the job hunt begins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...