Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Of course something happens

I got home on Sunday. We are leaving on Sunday. So I have to redo 3 weeks worth of laundry and get everyone's stuff packed for the almost three weeks we will be in the USA. Going to the States is stressful enough, but it's a must now. 

As I was folding the laundry between work and an appointment in shul, I got a text message from Matthew's teacher. It was in Hebrew, so it took me a few minutes with a dictionary to figure out what she wanted, but it was basically letting me know I needed to get Matthew right then. Apparently Matthew was playing with his classmates, but tripped over and landed on his arm. She texted me and called Kevin, so by the time I got to the school I could only pick up the other two boys as Kevin had already taken Matthew. Kevin took him to the urgent care. An X-ray and 4 hours later we are now all home, Matthew sporting a bright green cast on his left arm. 

Oh yes.  He is a leftie, too. So we are looking forward to an interesting 4 to 6 weeks. We kinda know what to expect after his arm/hand was casted for a few weeks when he was 3, and well, it was a great sibling bonding time between Matthew and Craig, who was then 7. 

The boys are all in bed now and I'm just using the time to fold the laundry at last and plan the next couple of days before we leave, before it's Passover, before something crazy comes our way again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...