Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Birthday List

On my birthday I wrote a list of things I want to do before I turn 30 next year:

1. Get comfortable enough with my Hebrew not to start every single conversation with new people asking if they speak English. Or Hungarian. :)

2. Finish my way through the Tanakh, using the Stone commentary and take the Talmud study more seriously.

3. Watch the last episodes of SGA, BSG, JAG.

4. Get fitted and pay for a sports leg. Might not  be ready in time for 30.

5. Walk in a 3K walking event.

6. Stop using kiddie band aids.

7. Take down my fanboy wall. Maybe donate it to the kids? :)

8. Grow a proper beard.

9. Last through Passover without eating chametz. Go with Ashkenazi tradition on this, so no cheating with egg matzah.

10. Make a decision about the second cochlear implant and stick with it.

11. Eat a proper breakfast every day for at least a month, try to make it a habit.

12. Visit my mother's grave.

13. Get back into teaching.

14. Win Kochav Nolad. Enter a karaoke competition.

15. Do a month-long junk food fast, and donate money saved to... TBD.

16. Stop going to every single Harel Skaat concert nearby.

17. Finish another NaNovel, and this time make it intelligable to others. Distribute freely.

18. Go to swim with the boys at least once a week.
19. Act more grown up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...