Thursday, July 28, 2011

My G-d

There is a song I really like that I was just reminded of by the wonderful Hope Anne


I have written about two things here frequesntly: my struggle with my faith (or lack thereof) and Harel Skaat. Now there  is a song that I haven't listened to for a long long time. The primary reason for that is that it makes me sad, reminding me of something I lack. And something that I desperately want to have. If it makes any sense.




I made an attempt to translate this song. You must remember that my Hebrew is still lacking and well, sometimes the original doesn't make sense to me.  Corrections are welcome!

Elohim

Sometimes war and fire and hell
Mask the charred body of a baby
Sometimes G-d you make ​​us cry

G-d I call upon you, do you hear?
Lord, are you with me? I don't know
G-d, answer

Sometimes the sea sometimes the falling leaves,
A baby is born, A cripple can walk
The trees bloom again and the children smile
Sometimes G-d you make us thankful

G-d I call upon you, do you hear?
Lord, are you with me? I don't know
G-d, answer

G-d I'm calling you, do You hear
G-d you're always with me I know
G-d I'm calling you and You hear!
G-d you're always with me I know
G-d ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...